Garrington Community Church began as a Sunday School ministry, using the Garrington School/Hall facilities. In 1958, as the ministry began to grow, those involved recognized the need and started having weekly worship services.
In March of 1991, the Statement of Faith, Objectives of the Society and the By-Laws were adopted. In 1992, after acquiring land from the Garrington Community Association, a building program was begun; it was completed in 1994.
Our Mission Statement:
Garrington Community Church exists to fulfill the Great Commission by:
Encouraging wholehearted Worship;
Equipping the body for Ministry;
and, Evangelizing the lost;
…all in a warm, country atmosphere of love and acceptance.
It is the desire of this local church that we bring glory to our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, in all that we do or say, in the pursuit of this Purpose Statement.