Skip to content
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Old and New Testament Scriptures alone to be God’s inspired Word. They are without error and are our absolute authority for life and practice. II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:20,21.
- We believe in the one true eternal God, existing in Three Persons, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Luke 3:21,22; Matthew 28:19.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to the virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life. Matthew 1:20-23; John 1:1,14; Hebrews 4:14,15.
- We believe in the sinfulness of man. All humans, though created in the image of God, are born with a sinful nature, are totally depraved and need a Saviour from sin. Romans 3:23; Isaiah 53:6.
- We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ is our only means of salvation. He died a sacrificial death for the sins of all mankind, was buried, resurrected bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven where He is now High Priest and only mediator between man and God. 1 Pet. 2:24; 1 Cor. 15:3-5; 1 Tim. 2:3-5; Rom. 5:9; 8:34; Col. 1:20.
- We believe that every person needs new spiritual birth. Upon repentance from sin, placing their faith in Christ and accepting His free gift of salvation, a person becomes a child of God. Salvation is not by our own works. John 3:3-7; I John 1:12; Ephesians 2:8,9; Acts 17:30.
- We believe that our Lord Jesus Christ gave two ordinances to the church:
- The Baptism of the believer upon repentance and confession of faith in Jesus Christ, by immersion in water signifying His death, burial and resurrection, administered in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Mk. 16:16; Matt. 28:19; Rom. 6:4-6.
- The Lord’s Supper/Communion as an act of obedience whereby those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as personal Savior participate in the remembrance of the broken body, shed blood and covenant of Jesus Christ, in the anticipation of His Second Coming, through the elements of the bread and the cup. Matt. 26:26-29; 1 Cor. 11:23-24.
- We believe that God the Holy Spirit indwells every believer. He is instrumental in a person’s new birth and gives gifts, guidance and power for life and witnessing to the believer. Acts 1:8; Ephesians 1:13,14; Titus 3:4,5; John 14:26; Romans 8:11; I Corinthians 12:11.
- We believe in the bodily, imminent return of the Lord Jesus Christ and the necessity for believers to be earnestly looking for their Lord’s return. Acts 1:11; Matthew 24:42.
- We believe in the literal resurrection of the body, the righteous to eternal bliss with God, the unrighteous to everlasting conscious punishment in hell separated from God. Acts 24:15; John 5:29; Revelation 20:11-15; I Corinthians 15:42.
- We believe that the main purposes of the church are to love and know God, to individually live godly lives, and to be committed to the furtherance of the Gospel worldwide. Matthew 22:36-38; II Peter 3:11,12; Matthew 28:18-20.
- We believe in the personality of the Devil who is the enemy of Jesus Christ, the saints and the holy angels. He holds captive all people who do not belong to Jesus Christ. I Peter 5:8; Ephesians 2:1,2.
- We believe that marriage is ordained by God; that the physical union of a man and woman as husband and wife is undefiled; and that all other physical unions are against the will of God. Hebrews 13:4; I Corinthians 6:9; Proverbs 18:22; Genesis 2:24.
- We believe that man was created by God, male and female, as the crowning work of His creation. We affirm God’s good design that gender identity is determined by biological sex at birth. (Gen. 5:1-2; Matt. 19:4; Mark 10:6)